You can usually find many resources and forms of support at your local Senior Center. These may include meals, transportation, wellness classes, and other activities. If you need help finding the closest center, visit the New Mexico Aging and Long-term Services Department (ALTSD) Senior Services page to download a directory of all Tribal senior centers in the state, or call them at (800) 432-2080.
The National Center on Native American Aging has information on senior services provided by Eight Northern Indian Pueblos in Ohkay Owingeh, Five Sandoval Pueblos, Jicarilla Apache, Laguna Rainbow Corporation, Mescalero Apache, Pueblos of Acoma, Cochiti, Isleta, Jemez, San Felipe, Santa Clara, Kewa (Santo Domingo), Taos, and Zuni. See the Services Locator link here for contact numbers and a list of services.
The cities of Albuquerque and Santa Fe offer a number of programs for seniors, including exercise classes, day trips, games, lectures, and more. See the City of Albuquerque Department of Senior Affairs website for more information or download their Guide to Senior Services.
In Santa Fe, see the Senior Scene newsletter.
For services in Sandoval County you can find information on senior services and senior centers in Bernalillo, Corrales, Cuba, Jemez, Placitas, and the Rio Rancho Meal Site by visiting their website, or download their Guide to Senior Services. They can be reached at (505) 891-5018.
Presbyterian Medical Services offers a variety of health services and senior centers across the state of New Mexico. PMS Senior Centers are located in Catron, McKinley and Torrance counties. You can call (800) 477-7633 to find if a senior center is located near you.
- Aztec Senior-Community Center in Aztec, New Mexico can be reached at (505) 334-2881. Call (505) 334-7618 for the lunch menu.
- Bloomfield Senior Citizens’ Center in Bloomfield, New Mexico can be reached at (505) 632-8351 for information.
- Bonnie Dallas Senior Center in Farmington, New Mexico can be reached at (505) 599-1380.
- The Farmington Indian Center in Farmington, New Mexico can be reached at (505) 599-1524.
- La Plata County Senior Services can be reached at (970) 382-6445.
- Montezuma County Senior Services can be reached at (970) 565-4166.